Monday, February 09, 2015

valentine's day makeup


I don't usually "celebrate" Valentine's Day, but my husband surprised me by letting me know that he made reservations at a Japanese restaurant for dinner that day! Here's what I'm planning on wearing, beauty-wise:

  1. Base: The Face Shop CC Cream in no. 2
  2. Cheeks: Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Rose
  3. Lips: Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm in Demure
  4. Eyes: Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette in Booty Call, Chopper, and Tease
  5. Eyes: Heroine Make Long and Curl Mascara
  6. Eyes: MSH Love Liner in Rich Black
  7. Under eye: IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer
I love soft and sweet makeup, so I'm keeping it simple: a bright and radiant complexion with softly defined eyes and pink lips. The CC cream has a surprising amount of coverage, and isn't too dewy, while brightening your skin. The shimmer brick gives a subtle hint of color and a lovely sheen that brings life back to your face.

I have extremely oily eyelids, but these Japanese mascara and eyeliner simply do not budge on me! The under eye concealer by IT cosmetics is one of the most pigmented that I've used, and I only use it on special occasions. Finally, the finishing touch is a hint of pink shimmer on the lips.

What are you wearing this Valentine's Day?

4 comments:

  1. Nice! I also have really oily eyelids, so I should try out that mascara :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely! It's a bit of a pain to get off, but it's worth it to me. :)

      Delete
  2. Nice products! The Naked 2 is one of my faves. And I've heard of Heroine Make as a good brand, asian cosmetics are usually pretty awesome!

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are! I wish they would expand, but I guess their offerings (for poc) aren't extensive enough yet.

      Delete